Friday, January 30, 2009

Arrival

I'm here in Johannesburg after 3 days of traveling. We had a 17 hour flight from NY with a stop for fuel in Dakar,Senegal. It was a long flight,but we got to see all the stars,it felt like we were flying through the milky way,they were so close!

We're staying at a backpackers lodge until Wednesday then we leave for Cape Town. We're just doing orientation stuff for the next week. It's going to be a jam packed next couple of months!

A couple of interesting things: I'm staying with a family that is either vegitarian or able to accomodate not only that,but my wheat allergy. That's going to make that homestay so much easier! Everyone on the program is really nice & friendly. I'm sure there were other interesting things,but my brain is pretty jetlagged.

love,
lila

No comments:

Post a Comment